A More Natural Capital, the London Plan, Borough Local Plans and much more…
We seek to influence policies in London by engaging with politicians and officials, and holding the Mayor, Greater London Authority and London boroughs to account in protecting and improving the environment. We scrutinise plans, lobby politicians, seek to influence decisions, and take action to ensure beneficial policies and promises are not broken.
- Our work on A More Natural Capital began in 2021 in the run-up to the delayed London Mayoral election. We coordinated a coalition to influence commitments from candidates and then followed up with our First 100 days report.
- Then in early 2022 the coalition issued a manifesto for May 2022 borough elections, to press all candidates to commit, if elected, to taking action to improve and protect London’s natural environment for people and wildlife.
- In January 2021 we responded to the Mayor’s Public London Charter and called for higher standards of access to open space in the capital.
- In December 2020 we campaigned against planning reforms, sentiments echoed by borough councillors around London.
- We did extensive work to promote lessons from lockdown relating to access to green space and more.
- In the run up to the 2019 General Election we emphasised how millenials and Londoners are most likely to vote with the countryside and green spaces in mind
- We did a huge amount of work to influence the new London Plan including responding to the Inspector’s Report
- We contributed to the Green Spaces Commission review
- We also regularly engage with borough Local Plan consultations.