Green space for all
London has just half the green space needed for its population.
Existing green areas can be hard to get into, missing opportunities for health and wellbeing. That has to change.
Our goal is to deliver green space for all. We strive to protect parks and create new ones.
- We want to create Ten New Parks. We aim to transform derelict and neglected green areas, and bring new life to spaces with no clear identity.
- We challenge each London borough to create 30 new street parks, using space currently given to roads and car parking.
- Too many parks are under threat. Our most recent report details risks to 50 London parks and green spaces.
- We work with local groups to fight back, raise awareness of the problem and find ways to protect sites for the long term.
Find out what we we’re asking London boroughs to do, and how you can help London parks under threat.
- Studies show that an active ‘Friends Group’ and regular promotion mean parks are better used and loved; that means they are less likely to come under threat.
- As part of our GoParksLondon project, we work with park friends groups and London boroughs to promote parks and help the movement grow.
Our commitment to London’s parks and green spaces
✓ We support local groups, helping them save vital parks and create new ones from neglected spaces
✓ We identify the reasons spaces are coming under threat and work to tackle the causes
✓ We champion parks, green spaces, Metropolitan Open Land and Green Belt, showing why they are so important
✓ We publicise threats and advocate for political commitment and new policy and legislation